Two years after scoring with her horror comedy Satanic Panic and Hulu’s Into the Dark: All That We Destroy, about a mother dealing with a dangerous child, director Chelsea Stardust curates a selection of her personal favorites this Friday, July 16, on cult movie subscription streamer Arrow.
The selections include another horror-comedy, 1988’s Brain Damage; another female-directed film about a mother (Golden Globe-nominated Tilda Swinton) with a dangerous child, Lynne Ramsey’s 2011 We Need To Talk About Kevin; 2000’s Versus, a Japanese action horror fantasy; and 1988’s Cinema Paradiso, an Italian drama about a man’s love for the cinema which went on to win the 1990 Oscar for Best Foreign Language film.
Arrow costs $4.99 monthly or $49.99 annually, with both plans including a 30-day free trial. But right now, you can get 50% off the first three months by checking out with the code ARROWSUMMERROADTRIP at arrow-player.com.
If you don’t subscribe to Arrow, here’s a guide to programming your own screenings of Stardust’s favorites:
Cinema Paradiso is available to Paramount+ subscribers.
We Need To Talk About Kevin is available to subscribers of Amazon Prime, Hulu, Sundance Now, Philo or Fubo; for free if your library participates in either the Kanopy or Hoopla streaming services; or free with ads on Tubi, Crackle, PopcornFlix, Pluto TV or Plex.
You can find Arrow on the web, or via apps for iOS, Android, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku and Fire TV. For more info, visit arrow-player.com.
(Top photo: Chelsea Stardust. Source: IMDb)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021