Schmigadoon!, a six-episode musical comedy parody about a couple on a backpacking trip who find themselves stuck in a magical town from a mid-20th Century Hollywood musical until they can find true love, debuts this Friday, July 16, on Apple TV+.
Starring Cecily Strong and Keegan-Michael Key, Schmigadoon! is executive produced by Saturday Night Live’s Lorne Michaels, with a cast that also includes Alan Cumming, Kristin Chenoweth, Fred Armisen, Jane Krakowski and Martin Short.
The first two episodes will premiere on Friday, July 16, followed by one episode on subsequent Fridays through August 13.
And, if you’re wondering what exactly Schmigadoon! is parodying, we suggest streaming 1954’s Brigadoon, about two men on a hunting trip who find themselves in a magical town from the 18th Century Scottish Highlands, with one finding true love there. The film stars Gene Kelly, Van Johnson and Cyd Charisse.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month, with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and non-Apple platforms.
For more, visit Apple TV+.
(Top image courtesy Apple TV+ Press)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021