Streamer AMC+ will offer Walking Dead devotees appetizers leading up to the debut of the show’s 11th flesh-eating season Sunday, August 22, at 9 pm ET, on cable sibling AMC.
The Walking Dead: Origins, which debuts tomorrow, July 15, consists of specials exploring the show’s most popular characters and their take on the unfolding zombie apocalypse.
This Thursday spotlights the nomadic Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus), who evolved from impulsive tough-guy to leader in the fight for humanity’s survival. Subsequent Thursdays will focus on Carol Peletier (Melissa McBride), Maggie Rhee (Lauren Cohan) and Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan).
Each episode features interviews and narrations from the actors who play the characters, clips of pivotal moments and sneak peeks of season 11. The specials also include a ‘Best Of’ collection, consisting of fan-favorite episodes for each character.
AMC+, which shows ad-free programming from AMC, Shudder, Sundance Now, IFC Films Unlimited and other sources, costs $8.99 a month with a seven-day free trial.
Debuting in 2010, the long-lived The Walking Dead has aired more than 150 episodes, not including Season 11. You can stream the first nine seasons on Netflix. Season 10 is available via subscriptions to Philo and Fubo TV; and you can buy episodes from the first 10 seasons for $1.99 reach from Google Play, Vudu or other providers.
(Top image source: YouTube video)
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021