The murder mystery anthology series Innocent debuts a second, four-episode season tomorrow, June 24 on Sundance Now and the AMC+ streaming bundle. Episodes will drop Thursdays through July 15.
Teacher Sally Wright (Katherine Kelly) is released from prison following a wrongful murder conviction five years earlier. In addition to imprisonment, she was also accused, though never proven, of having had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old student. In the wake of the scandal, her husband Sam (Jamie Bamber) filed for divorce and became engaged to Karen (Priyanga Burford).
Finally free – with her conviction overturned due to incontrovertible evidence – Sally sets out to prove her innocence.
The four-episode season one, also on Sundance Now and AMC+, stars Lee Ingleby as David Collins, a man set free on a technicality after having served seven years for the murder of his wife Tara.
As David tries to rebuild his life and relationships, and mourn the death of his wife, Detective Inspector Cathy Hudson (Angel Coulby) launches an investigation into rumors of abuse, affairs and money troubles. Is David simply the victim of jealous sisters and disgruntled lovers? Or is there more to the story?
The series first aired on the UK’s ITV.
Sundance Now offers two options: a $6.99 month pay-as-you-go plan or a $59.99 annual membership, which averages $4.99 per month. Both come with a seven-day free trial.
AMC+, which shows ad-free programming from AMC, Shudder, Sundance Now, IFC Films Unlimited and other sources, costs $8.99 a month, with a seven-day free trial. You can subscribe via Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Roku, Sling TV, and some cable and dish providers.
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021