Zee5, an ad-free subscription streaming service offering 130,000 hours of curated Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi TV shows and films, launches in the U.S. tomorrow, June 22.
The service costs $84 a year; however, for a limited time, Zee5 is being offered at a promotional rate of $49.99.
Zee5 claims to be the world’s largest streamer of South Asian content, both in terms of its library and its presence in more than 190 countries.
Content is offered in 18 languages, including Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Punjabi, Malay, Thai, Bahasa, Arabic, Urdu and Bangla (Bangladeshi). Some titles are subtitled or dubbed in English.
The catalog includes:
- More than 3,500 films, including such titles as Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai (Hindi), Simmba (Hindi), Uri: The Surgical Strike (Hindi), Dream Girl (Hindi) Operation Java (Malayalam), Ka Pae Ranasingham (Tamil) and Switzerland (Bengali).
- More than 1,600 shows, with such fare as Kundali Bhagya (Hindi), Mithai (Bangla), Sembaruti (Tamil) and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa (Hindi).
Zee5 also plans to add hundreds of food, music and lifestyle videos.
“The United States represents our most significant market and the last bastion in our global journey,” said Amit Goenka, president, digital businesses and platforms, Zee Entertainment.
“The United States is home to millions of people whose families have strong connects with South Asia, and we are glad to bring them the largest and most diverse catalogue of culturally relevant entertainment across Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi stories,” said Archana Anand, chief business officer, Zee5 Global.
You can stream Zee5 on Android, Apple and Roku devices, as well as Samsung Smart TVs and Apple TVs.
For more information, visit Zee5.
(Top logo source: Zee5)
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021