If we told you that Strut is a new comedy series about a group of prostitutes, you might stop reading right here. So how about the official synopsis?
“A reclusive nerd begins a journey to self-confidence by forming a successful escorting agency with her three best friends.”
Now, that’s better!
The six-episode Strut, created by, written by and starring Misha Calvert, debuts tomorrow, June 18, on free streamer Revry.
Calvert plays a geeky porn editor, whose three best friends (played by The Newsroom’s Margaret Judson, You’s Manini Gupta, and Orange is the New Black’s Christina Toth) try to bust her out of her shell by bringing her to a sex party – which somehow leads to them all become sex workers.
Strut appears to be a comedy with a serious purpose.
“Hollywood has long used the archetype of the prostitute to heighten storytelling, be it as a seductress, a villain, seedy set decoration, or another dead body,” said Calvert. “The reality of sex workers is so much more complex.”
Michelle Cutolo, the show’s director, added, “As a comedy, our show dismantles the shame and ostracization that comes with the territory of being a sexually explorative woman. This is a show about breaking apart patriarchy and giving women a new image.”
For more, visit watch.revry.tv.
(Photos courtesy ‘Strut‘)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021