Damages’ Rose Byrne stars in a10-episode dramedy Physical, which debuts its first three episodes Friday, June 18, on Apple TV+. A new episode will then drop every Friday through August 6.
Those familiar with the Olivia Newton-John song of the same title will likely – and correctly – guess that the time-period for this dark comedy is the 1980s. Byrne plays a housewife living in San Diego, dutifully supporting her husband’s (Rory Scovel) run for state assembly. But she secretly struggles with self-esteem issues – until she stumbles upon the world of aerobics.
Aerobics soon becomes an entrepreneurial passion, as she builds a workout videotape business – a la Jane Fonda – and becomes a famous female lifestyle guru.
The cast also includes Dierdre Friel, Della Saba, Lou Taylor Pucci, Paul Sparks and Ashley Liao.
Annie Weisman created, wrote and co-executive produced Physical. Craig Gillespie, Liza Johnson and Stephanie Laing directed the episodes and co-executive produced the series.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month, with a seven-day free trial. It can be streamed on tv.apple.com, or via the Apple TV app for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod Touch/Mac, and non-Apple platforms.
For more, visit Apple TV+.
(Top image courtesy Apple TV+)
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021