HBO Max will release the final eight episodes of In Treatment today, June 14, at 9 pm ET, allowing viewers to binge the remainder of season four.
Sister service HBO will also continue to air back-to-back half-hour episodes Sunday and Monday nights through the June 28 season finale.
Orange is the New Black’s Uzo Aduba plays Dr. Brooke Taylor, taking over the lead analyst role from Gabriel Byrne’s Dr. Paul Weston. The series also moves from Brooklyn to Los Angeles, where Dr. Taylor helps three patients deal with the global pandemic and other ground-shifting social issues.
This season’s patients include:
- Laila (Quintessa Swindell) is a rebellious, bright teenager forced into therapy by her overbearing grandmother. She wants Laila to, among other things, reconsider her sexuality and get into a good college.
- Eladio (In the Heights’ Anthony Ramos) is a home health aide who has become enmeshed with a wealthy family in the process of caring for their adult disabled son. He also asks Dr. Taylor to be a mother figure.
- Colin (John Benjamin Hickey) is an arrogant multimillionaire convicted for cooking his company’s books. The court orders him to see Dr. Taylor to determine whether he is ready for prison release.
What the fourth season has revealed so far is that Dr. Taylor may be more troubled than her patients. A recovering alcoholic, Brooke falls off the wagon, haunted both by her father’s recent death and a fateful decision she made long ago as a teenager. Her AA sponsor and close friend Rita (Liza Colón-Zayas) tries to steer her toward sobriety, but off-again, on-again boyfriend (Altered Carbon‘s Joel Kinnaman) could be undermining those efforts.
The first three seasons of In Treatment (2008-2010), which co-starred Dianne Wiest and Michelle Forbes, also stream on HBO Max; or are available to buy for $1.99 per episode via Vudu and other providers.
(Top image courtesy WarnerMedia)
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021