MHz Choice’s first Russian series, Sekta (translation: The Sect), is an eight-episode thriller focusing on a group of deprogrammers who rescue people from cults.
Debuting today, June 8, Sekta features Svetlana Khodchenkova (villainous Viper in Marvel’s The Wolverine) as a newly recruited deprogrammer with her own history in cults, and Marta Timofeeva (co-star of Disney+’s upcoming The Mysterious Benedict Society) as her daughter.
Sekta ran originally in 2019 on Russia’s Premier subscription streamer.
MHz Choice, which will drop two new episodes of Sekta each Tuesday this month, costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 yearly after a seven-day free trial. And right now, you can get 50% off your first month by using code SPRING2021.
For a device list, to learn what other subtitled international series are available, or to subscribe, visit mhzchoice.com.
(Top image: Anastasiya Chistyakova and Svetlana Khodchenkova in ‘Sekta,’ courtesy MHz Choice)
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021