To celebrate entertainment legend Dean Martin, who was born 104 years ago on June 7, streamer The Film Detective will run four Dino classics starting at 6:07 pm ET today.
Then, at 7:39 pm, Martin guests on The Frank Sinatra Timex Show (ABC, 1959). He sings solo and with Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Mitzi Gaynor and Jimmy Durante.
At 8:40 pm, it’s Dean’s Place (NBC, 1975), a variety special with a bevy of guests, including Ronald and Nancy Reagan, Milton Berle, Robert Mitchum, Police Woman’s Angie Dickinson, The Jeffersons’ Sherman Hemsley and The Mary Tyler Moore Show’s Georgia Engel.
Finally, at 9:34 pm, from 1976, Dino looks back 50 years in another NBC special, Dean Martin’s Red Hot Scandals of 1926. The cast includes Engel again, Dom DeLuise, Barney Miller’s Abe Vigoda, and Jonathan Winters as Al Capone.
The other two shows are also available from The Film Detective on demand, but only if you subscribe to its ad-free version of the service for $3.99/month or $34.99/year.
(Top image source: The Film Detective)
- Celebrate Dino’s Birthday - June 7, 2021
- Police Satires on Decades - June 3, 2021
- Stream Silent Screen Women - June 1, 2021
- Saluting Josephine Baker - May 28, 2021
- See a Rod Serling Rarity - May 27, 2021
- Halston Biopic on Netflix - May 13, 2021
- French Film Noir Streams - May 3, 2021
- ‘The Best of Bugs Bunny’ - April 30, 2021
- Sleeping with Netflix - April 28, 2021
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Returns - April 27, 2021