Brazilian productions, light and dark, debut this week on Netflix and Amazon Prime respectively.
Netflix’s Carnaval, debuting today, June 2, is a 94-minute comedy about a social media influencer (Giovana Cordeiro) who whisks her three BFFs off to a vacation in the seaside city of Salvador after a video of her boyfriend’s betrayal goes viral.
Amazon Prime’s Dom, debuting this Friday, June 4, is an eight-episode crime drama based on a true story about a father (Flavio Tolezani) and son (Gabriel Leone) on opposite sides of the drug wars in Rio de Janeiro. The father is a military intelligence agent and the son a wanted criminal.
Both Carnaval and Dom are in Portuguese, with English subtitles.
(Top image sources: IMDb, Netflix)
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021