We Are Lady Parts, a musical-comedy series about a Muslim female punk band named in the title, debuts all six episodes tomorrow, June 3, on Peacock.
Set in London, the show follows the band’s ups and downs through the eyes of Amina (Anjana Vasan), a microbiology PhD student whom intense frontwoman Saira (Sarah Kameela Impey) recruits to be Lady Parts’ lead guitarist.
But drummer Ayesha (Juliette Motamed), bassist/backing vocalist Bisma (Faith Omole) and the band’s manager Momtaz (Lucie Shorthouse ) are not convinced Amina is a good fit. Meanwhile, Amina, who also hopes to find a husband, is torn between her conventional university friends and her free-spirited punk bandmates.
The cast also includes Zaqi Ismail and Aiysha Hart.
Nida Manzoor created, directed and wrote We Are Lady Parts, based on her own experiences with London’s cultural scene.
We Are Lady Parts includes original songs and cover tracks, written or adapted by Benni Fregin and siblings Nida, Shez and Sanya Manzoor.
The show is from Working Title Television, (part of NBCUniversal International Studios) the UK’s Channel 4, and NBCUniversal Global Distribution.
Peacock offers thousands of hours of programming for free with commercials. There is also an ad-based premium plan for $4.99/month and an almost ad-free option for $9.99/month. Both come with seven-day free trials.
(Top image source: Peacock)
- Full ‘Treatment’ on HBO Max - June 14, 2021
- Washington Heights Musical - June 11, 2021
- ‘Infinite’ Wahlberg on Paramount+ - June 9, 2021
- Romero’s Lost ‘Amusement Park’ - June 7, 2021
- HBO Max’s New ‘Conjuring’ Tale - June 4, 2021
- Peacock’s ‘Lady Parts’ Comedy - June 2, 2021
- WNBA Tips Off on Amazon - May 28, 2021
- Reanimated ‘Rugrats’ - May 26, 2021
- Back ‘In Treatment’ - May 21, 2021
- Crackle Show Helps Debtors - May 19, 2021