Tomorrow, May 26, will be a big streaming day for fans of Italian soccer with the debuts of Baggio: The Divine Ponytail and Underdogs.
Netflix’s Baggio: The Divine Ponytail is a biopic starring Andrea Arcangeli as Roberto Baggio, a legendary Italian superstar whose nickname came from his hairstyle and Buddhist beliefs. Baggio played for seven different clubs over a 22-year career (1982-2004).
One club Baggio never played for was SS Campobasso, which gets profiled in the Underdogs docu-series on Italian Football TV (IFTV).
“We have seen major streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime follow the world’s most prestigious clubs like Manchester City, Juventus [for which Baggio played from 1990-1995] and Tottenham,” said Marco Messina, co-founder of IFTV, which can be seen free on YouTube. “However, never has there been an all-access series behind a smaller club that is aspiring to dream big.”
(Top image: ‘Baggio: The Divine Ponytail.’ Source: Netflix)
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021