Just in time for the NBA Playoffs, Lamar Odom Reborn debuts for free today, May 20, on All Def’s YouTube channel.
We expect the documentary may be a bit controversial since it’s about how the former Los Angeles Lakers star used psychedelic drugs to cure his drug addiction after a near-death experience a few years back — and the film’s director Zappy Zapolin is also Odom’s (and others’) self-described “psychedelic concierge to the stars.”
Drugs in Odom’s recovery regimen have included ibogaine, which is illegal in the U.S., and ketamine, which is not.
“As a public figure, Odom’s challenges with addiction are well-documented,” according to a press release from Zapolin, “but what is lesser known are the deep-rooted pain and trauma he endured with the loss of his mother as a child and then untimely loss of his own son, Jaden, at just six months old. Lamar admits he self-medicated and avoided professional interventions given the stigma attached with mental health treatment.”
And that’s why Lamar Odom Reborn is being released today, which is Mental Health Action Day. “My hope is that sharing my journey will open a dialogue about mental health for millions of people,” Odom said.
You can also join Odom and Zapolin for a viewing event this Saturday May 22 at 5 pm ET over Facebook.com/Unify.
For more info and additional viewing options, visit LamarOdomReborn.com.
- ‘Petrunya,’ Unlikely Rebel - June 21, 2021
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021