I had thought eugenics experiments died with the Nazis, but at least one took place in the 1980s and 1990s, right here in the U.S. Robert Klark Graham’s Repository for Germinal Choice, which sought to breed a new generation from the super-intelligent, resulted in 218 children. Now adults, many of them meet for the first time in Genius Factory, a feature documentary on the strange sperm bank that debuts today on Discovery+.
“These super babies seem normal enough,” says Discovery+, “but there is a hidden struggle to understand who they are and why they came to be. They struggle to understand if the Genius Factory rewarded them or condemned them….Now, for the first time, people who worked at the bank are ready to talk [and] the genius children are going to find out who their fathers are. Never before has nature vs nurture ever been tested quite like this.”
Genius Factory first ran in Canada over the CBC Documentary Channel in 2017.
For more info, visit discoveryplus.com.
(Top image source: IMDb)
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021