Two-time Oscar nominee Emily Watson (Hilary and Jackie, Breaking the Waves) co-stars in Too Close, a three-episode psychological thriller debuting this Thursday, May 20, on subscription streamer AMC+.
Watson plays Dr. Emma Robertson, a forensic psychiatrist who must assess a woman that Connie Mortensen (Denise Gough) suspects of committing a heinous crime. But the tables are turned when Mortenson starts to exploit Robertson’s deepest insecurities.
Based on a novel of the same title by Natalie Daniels, Too Close first ran last month on Britain’s ITV, with The Guardian calling it “one of the most convincing cat-and-mouse games ever seen on screen.”
AMC+, which shows ad-free programming from AMC, Shudder, Sundance Now, IFC Films Unlimited and other sources, costs $8.99 a month with a seven-day free trial. You can subscribe via Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Roku, Sling TV, YouTube TV, and some cable and dish providers.
(Top photo courtesy of AMC+)
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021