If you only know Wavy Gravy as the guy making stage announcements at the 1969 Woodstock Festival – or perhaps as a 20-years-gone flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream – we’d like to let you know that Wavy Gravy will celebrate his 85th birthday this Saturday, May 15, and that you can join in the fun through a three-day free virtual benefit starting Friday!
Songs, tributes and stories will be provided by Bob Weir, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Ben Harper, Graham Nash, Jorma Kaukonen, Ani Defranco, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Maria Muldaur and others. Donations will be accepted for the Seva Foundation, which fights sight impairment around the world, and Camp Winnarainbow, a circus and performing arts camp, both of which were co-founded by Gravy.
You can sign up for the event and donate at seva.org/loveforwavy.
For more of Wavy Gravy, we highly recommend two documentaries: the Oscar-winning Woodstock (1970) and Saint Misbehavin’: The Wavy Gravy Movie (2009).
‘Good morning! What we have in mind is breakfast in bed for 400,000.’
‘There’s always a little bit of heaven in a disaster area.’
Saint Misbehavin’: The Wavy Gravy Movie
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021