Few movies or TV series have ever been filmed on El Hierro, the remotest of Spain’s Canary Islands, located off the northwest coast of Africa. Hierro, a crime thriller whose eight-episode first season debuts today on MHz Choice, is one of them.
Candela Peña (Pedro Almodóvar’s All About My Mother) plays a newly assigned magistrate investigating the death of a young man who was murdered the day before his wedding. Darío Grandinetti (Almodóvar’s Talk to Her) co-stars.
Season one of Hierro aired originally on Spain’s Movistar+subscription streamer in 2018. The first two episodes are available today, May 11 on MHz Choice, with two more dropping next Tuesday, May 18.
A six-episode second season ran on Movistar+ this winter. No word on when it will be coming to MHz Choice.
MHz Choice costs $7.99 monthly, with a seven-day free trial. But you can now get 50% off the first month by using the code SPRING2021 at checkout. For more info, visit mhzchoice.com.
(Top photo: Candela Peña and Pedro Grandinetti in ‘Hierro.’ Source: IMDb)
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021
- ‘Kevin Can F**k Himself’ - June 10, 2021
- IMDb TV’s ‘Timewasters’ - June 10, 2021
- Streamfire Channels Up - June 9, 2021
- Death, Afterlife, Healing - June 8, 2021
- Russians vs Cults on MHz - June 8, 2021
- Menachem Begin Documentary - June 4, 2021
- ‘Lisey’s Story’ Friday - June 3, 2021
- See Two Sides of Brazil - June 2, 2021