Another over-the-air classic TV channel is on its way.
Rewind TV, offering sitcoms from the ‘80s and ‘90s, is set to launch on Wednesday, September 1, targeting Gen X with such shows as The Drew Carey Show, Murphy Brown, Growing Pains, Wings, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Who’s the Boss? and Family Ties.
Rewind TV parent Nexstar Media also runs Antenna TV, where several of those series air currently. Antenna TV, Nexstar said, will continue to target Baby Boomers, but only with shows from the ‘60s and ‘70s.
Rewind TV and Antenna TV have plenty of company when it comes to over-the-air classic TV channels. The list includes Buzzr, Cozi TV, Decades, GetTV, Heroes & Icons, Laff, MeTV, Retro TV and Start TV.
Other shows that will air on Rewind TV include 227, Becker, Caroline In The City, Dear John, Designing Women, Diff’rent Strokes, The Facts of Life, Head of the Class, The Hogan Family, The John Larroquette Show, Mork & Mindy, My Two Dads, NewsRadio and Suddenly Susan.
Nexstar said Rewind TV will reach 40 percent of U.S. television households, or nearly 50 million homes, including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
For more, visit rewindtv.com.
(Top: ‘Diff’rent Strokes,’ ‘The Drew Carey Show.’ Source for all photos: rewindtv.com)
- ‘Petrunya,’ Unlikely Rebel - June 21, 2021
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021