Free non-commercial channel BYUtv debuts two interconnected, but standalone, 10-episode sitcoms today, April 19 —The Parker Andersons at 7 pm ET and Amelia Parker at 7:30 pm – which look at the life of a blended, multicultural, interracial family from two different perspectives.
The Parker Andersons follows a British widower, father of one girl and one boy, who moves to Chicago and marries the mother of one girl and one boy. The dad is black, the mom is white, and both are played by Canadians (Arnold Pinnock, Kate Hewlett).
Amelia Parker centers around the quietest member of the new family, a tween girl (Millie Davis) who rarely speaks in the first series, but lets out all her hopes, anxieties and fears in the second series.
“It’s easy to invest in the hectic life of the Parker Anderson family and the love they have for each other despite their struggles, making us care about them even more,” said Andra Johnson Duke, head of content at BYUtv.
After today, episodes of each series will premiere at the same times on subsequent Mondays and will then also be available to stream on demand through the BYUtv app and at BYUtv.org/shows.
BYUtv’s 24/7 channel streams at byutv.org./livetv (you’ll need to create a free account first) and is also available via satellite and many cable systems. The service also just launched on subscription family streamer Frndly TV.
(Top image: the Parker Andersons. Source: BYUtv)
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021