If you’re looking for Season 22 of Midsomer Murders, you’ll find it only on Acorn TV.
Today, April 19, the streamer premieres the first two feature-length episodes. The remaining four mysteries will debut this fall. The season started on ITV in the U.K. earlier this month.
The popular import stars Neil Dudgeon as Detective Chief John Barnaby and Nick Hendrix as Detective Sergeant Winter. The two investigate murder, blackmail, greed, betrayal and other shenanigans in the charming, yet evidently crime-ridden English county.
Over 20 years, the show has racked up some impressive stats:
- Detective John Barnaby and his predecessor cousin Tom Barnaby (John Nettles) have solved more than 300 murders. (You can watch the show’s first episode from 1997 below).
- Guest stars have included Orlando Bloom, Peter Capaldi, Henry Cavill, Colin Farrell, Samantha Bond, Emily Mortimer, and Hugh Bonneville.
Acorn TV is now home to all 22 seasons. Some seasons are also available free on a dedicated Pluto TV channel, The Roku Channel, IMDb TV and YouTube. You can also watch episodes with a BritBox subscription.
(Top image: Neil Dudgeon. Source: YouTube video)
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021