HBO Max and HBO will debut the first two episodes of a whodunit documentary series, Pray, Obey, Kill, today, April 12, at 9 pm ET.
The remaining three episodes will premiere subsequent Mondays at the same time.
Director Henrik Georgsson and investigative journalists Anton Berg and Martin Johnson revisit a 2004 mystery involving the murder of a young woman and the wounding of her neighbor in the remote Swedish village of Knutby, home to a small Pentecostal congregation.
The initial list of suspects includes the victim’s husband, a Pentecostal pastor, the victim’s 26-year-old nanny, and the sect’s leader known as “The Bride of Christ.” The nanny quickly confesses, claiming God had texted her to commit the violence. Then a love triangle is revealed, along with details of another suspicious death from years earlier. Hovering in the background is the sect’s leader who holds sway over her congregation.
The show includes interviews with reporters and police detectives who investigated the crimes, as well as former Pentecostal sect members who attest to psychological and physical abuse.
“To me, the case and what really happened in Knutby is all about abuse of power – something I find extremely provocative,” says Berg.
HBO Max costs $14.99 a month, with a seven-day free trial. For more, visit HBOMax.com
(Top image source: HBO)
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021