So, who’s your daddy? For 37 adolescents in a new Discovery+ documentary, the answer is Donor 5114.
Future People: The Family of Donor 5114, debuting this Saturday, April 10, was filmed over an eight-year period by director Michael Rothman. A group of kids discover they were conceived by the same sperm donor and set out to find other half-siblings – and then to find their father.
Discovery+ says that Future People, which was executive produced by Jason Mimoa, explores the complexities of alternative conception while defining a new realm of modern family.
The unusual extended family, which includes the mothers as well, was also featured in a 2019 New York Times Magazine cover story.
Discovery+ costs $4.99/month with commercials, or $6.99/month for an ad-free experience. Verizon customers with qualifying plans can get 12 months free.
For more information, visit discoveryplus.com.
(Top image source: YouTube video)
- Ex-Cons, Serious and Funny - April 9, 2021
- Them x 2 = Scary 1950s L.A. - April 8, 2021
- ‘Future People’ Are Here - April 8, 2021
- Stream ‘Midnight Cowboy’ - April 7, 2021
- Sex, Comics, Socialists - April 6, 2021
- ‘Wonderland’ on MHz Choice - April 6, 2021
- Free Doc Fest Kicks Off - April 2, 2021
- Fuse Sweat: ‘80s Workouts - April 1, 2021
- Queen of Sheba & Atom Man - March 31, 2021
- Take HBO’s ‘Last Cruise’ - March 30, 2021