Wonderland, a six-episode time travel romance, debuts today, April 6, on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
The emphasis here is on romance, though, as made obvious by the original title of this French series: Romance. It was then retitled to Wonderland, The Girl from the Shore before arriving on MHz in its present guise.
Alice (Olga Kurylenko) is the girl from the shore in 1960s Biarritz, located on France’s Bay of Biscay. Jérémy (Pierre Deladonchamps) is the man from the present who falls in love with her via a photo on the wall of the Wonderland bar in Paris, and then gets linked with her in mysterious ways. He is described by writer-director Hervé Hadmar as an idealist who “travels through time for love.”
But, “the more Jérémy learns about Alice, the more surprising twists this gripping series takes,” says MHz Choice.
The service will premiere Wonderland’s first two subtitled episodes today, and two more episodes on subsequent Tuesdays, April 13 and April 20.
Wonderland aired originally on France 2 last year.
MHz Choice costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 yearly after a seven-day free trial. Right now, you can also get 50% off your first month by using the code SPRING2021.
For a device list, to learn what other subtitled international series are available, or to subscribe, visit mhzchoice.com.
(Top image source: MHz Choice)
- ‘Petrunya,’ Unlikely Rebel - June 21, 2021
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021