Farewell Amor, a 2020 drama about an Angolan immigrant in a small Brooklyn apartment who’s joined by his wife and teenage daughter after 17 years apart, streams free through midnight ET Sunday as New York Women in Film & Television (NYWIFT) celebrates SWAN Day (Support Women Artists Now).
Told from three different perspectives, Farewell Amor finds the reunited family members emotionally distant from each other – but a shared love for dance may bring them together again.
At noon ET on Saturday (SWAN Day itself), NYWIFT will also host a live Q&A with Farewell Amor’s first-time writer-director Ekwa Msangi, who last week — due to this movie — received a $25,000 grant as winner of the Someone to Watch Award from the Film Independent Spirit Awards.
For links to view Farewell Amor and the Q&A, provide your email address here.
Farewell Amor is also available to Hulu subscribers.
(Top photo: ‘Farewell Amor.’ Source: NYWIFT)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021