Decades this weekend will show the first 42 episodes of the 1962-1969 British ITV series, The Saint, starring Roger Moore.
Moore stars as Simon Templar, a Robin Hood-type adventurer created by Leslie Charteris in a series of novels and short stories.
The Decades marathon will run from noon ET Saturday, March 13, to 7 am Monday, March 14 (and don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night!)
To get started, here’s episode one:
In the U.S., the first two seasons of The Saint ran originally in syndication, with the final four on NBC. You can now stream all 118 episodes for free, with ads, on IMDb TV, Peacock, Shout Factory TV or Tubi.
Prefer to see Roger Moore as The Saint, ad-free?
Amazon Prime subscribers can stream The Fiction Makers, a 1968 feature film edited from the TV series.
The character of Simon Templar has been fascinating filmmakers since 1938, when RKO began producing a series of movies, usually starring George Sanders. You can stream Sanders’ first outing, 1939’s The Saint Strikes Back, for $2.99 from various providers.
A 2017 version of The Saint, made as a TV pilot, stars Adam Rayner as Templar. It also includes Roger Moore’s final film role and an appearance by Ian Ogilvy, who played Templar in a 1978-1979 TV series, Return of the Saint (CBS/ITV, 24 episodes).
Netflix subscribers can see the Rayner film. Here’s the trailer:
And here’s the opening to the Ogilvy series::
(Top image source: YouTube video)
- ‘Holocaust to Hollywood’ - April 7, 2021
- Scully and Mulder on Comet - April 5, 2021
- ‘Wild Kingdom’ Comes Back - April 2, 2021
- Police Stories on Decades - April 1, 2021
- Stream ‘Lonesome Doves’ - March 30, 2021
- Prime McMurtry on Amazon - March 29, 2021
- Segal’s Signature Roles - March 24, 2021
- White Shadow Wins Our Pool - March 19, 2021
- McPhee’s Musical Sitcom - March 18, 2021
- Tennant & Sheen’s ‘Staged’ - March 16, 2021