Isabel: The Intimate Story of Isabel Allende, a three-part miniseries debuting tomorrow, March 12, on HBO Max, stars Daniela Ramírez as the Chilean author and human rights activist (best known for her 1982 debut novel, The House of the Spirits).
A synopsis: “At the peak of her career, Isabel receives the devastating news that her adult daughter is on the verge of dying. She abandons everything to become a full-time mother, and her daughter dies in her arms a year later. In parallel… Isabel must leave her native Chile due to political conflicts, abandoning everything for love and immersing herself into literature to heal her wounds.”
Incidentally, The House of the Spirits was adapted into a 1993 movie starring Jeremy Irons, Meryl Streep, Winona Ryder, Glenn Close and Antonio Banderas. It’s a multi-year saga of a Chilean rancher, his clairvoyant wife and their family.
For Isabel and much, much more, you can get HBO Max for $14.99 a month, with a seven-day free trial. For more, visit HBOMax.com.
(Top photo: ‘Isabel,’ source IMDb)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021