Operation Awesome, a weekly series debuting tonight, March 10, at 8 pm ET on BYUtv, follows five teenagers as they travel by bus to 10 cities to see the sites – and foment change.
It’s not your typical reality show:
In each episode, the five kids — inventor Anna Du (15), “professor” Anna Miller (13), organizer Liam Hannon (14), artist Michael Platt (15) and motivator Ruby Kate Chitsey (13) – work with local volunteers to launch initiatives to benefit the local community.
In the first hour, the young activists and their two mentors meet for the first time in Fairfield, CT, where they team up with Ella, kid inventor of the Medi Teddy, which conceals IV bags within a teddy bear pouch.
Together, the Operation Awesome kids and Ella create a plan to hold a parade in honor of Ella’s mentor and other local heroes.
For more on Operation Awesome, visit BYUtv.org/OperationAwesome.
BYUtv streams commercial-free at byutv.org./livetv (you’ll need to create a free account first.) It’s also available via satellite and many cable systems. After shows debut on the 24/7 channel, you can find them on demand at BYUtv.org/shows.
- Ex-Cons, Serious and Funny - April 9, 2021
- Them x 2 = Scary 1950s L.A. - April 8, 2021
- ‘Future People’ Are Here - April 8, 2021
- Stream ‘Midnight Cowboy’ - April 7, 2021
- Sex, Comics, Socialists - April 6, 2021
- ‘Wonderland’ on MHz Choice - April 6, 2021
- Free Doc Fest Kicks Off - April 2, 2021
- Fuse Sweat: ‘80s Workouts - April 1, 2021
- Queen of Sheba & Atom Man - March 31, 2021
- Take HBO’s ‘Last Cruise’ - March 30, 2021