On Monday, we wrote about E.W Scripps killing off three free over-the-air channels (Ion Plus, Shop, Qubo), and Tegna Inc. planning to launch one this spring: Twist, targeting women with reality/lifestyle content. Yesterday, Scripps announced a July 1 launch date for its own free female-targeted over-the-air reality channel, Doozy, as well as a male-targeted channel, Defy TV.
While Tegna said that much of Twist’s content will feature “exciting reveals – or twists – at the end of each show,” Scripps promises that Doozy will serve 25- to 54- year-old women’s “strong interest in can’t-stop-watching, unscripted drama that’s surprising and true.” Doozy’s lineup will include reruns of such shows as Storage Wars, Married at First Sight, Hoarders and Little Women: LA.
Defy TV, meanwhile will target 25-54 year-old males by “celebrating the fascinating people living life to the fullest by being who they want to be and doing what they want to do.” Shows will include Pawn Stars, Forged in Fire, American Pickers and The Curse of Oak Island.
Doozy and Defy TV will join Scripps’ other free over-the-air channels: general interest Ion Television, Black-targeted Bounce, trial channel Court TV, female-targeted true crime channel Court TV Mystery (formerly Escape), male-targeted Grit, comedy channel Laff, and news channel Newsy.
If you have an antenna hooked up to your TV set, you should be able to tune into Doozy and Defy TV alongside your local Ion TV station, come July. For a list of Ion TV markets (which include all the top 10), visit RabbitEars.
- Ex-Cons, Serious and Funny - April 9, 2021
- Them x 2 = Scary 1950s L.A. - April 8, 2021
- ‘Future People’ Are Here - April 8, 2021
- Stream ‘Midnight Cowboy’ - April 7, 2021
- Sex, Comics, Socialists - April 6, 2021
- ‘Wonderland’ on MHz Choice - April 6, 2021
- Free Doc Fest Kicks Off - April 2, 2021
- Fuse Sweat: ‘80s Workouts - April 1, 2021
- Queen of Sheba & Atom Man - March 31, 2021
- Take HBO’s ‘Last Cruise’ - March 30, 2021