Today, March 2, is the National Education Association’s Read Across America Day, so subscription streamer Vooks has freed up its entire library of animated read-along books (for ages two to eight) through Wednesday, March 3, at 11:59 pm ET.
Vooks has also set free read-alongs for three Fridays this month on its Facebook page, @Vooks:
March 12 — Kate Winslet reads And The People Stayed Home, a poem about hope and positivity amid the global pandemic by Kitty O’Meara.
March 19 — Unicorn (and Horse), a story about differences by David Miles.
March 26 — Where Are You?, a whimsical friendship tale by Jonathan Sundy.
The NEA itself recommends KidLit TV, whose free Read Out Loud program features authors reading their own works. Here, Lesa Cline-Ransome reads Game Changers: The Story of Venus and Serena Williams:
For more KidLit TV, visit KidLit.tv.
Vooks normally costs $4.99 a month or $49.99 for a year, with a 30-day free trial. For more, visit Vooks.com.
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021