Say goodbye to free over-the-air channels Ion Plus, Shop and Qubo. But there’s a Twist!
As a result of E.W. Scripps’ recent acquisition of Ion Television, yesterday marked the final day of broadcasting for free drama channel Ion Plus (formerly Ion Life), home shopping channel Shop, and kids channel Qubo.
If you’re in one of the 48 markets with Ion Television stations, those channels have likely been replaced by Scripps’ own Black-targeted Bounce, trial channel Court TV, female-targeted true crime channel Court TV Mystery (formerly Escape), male-targeted Grit, or comedy channel Laff. Ion Television itself, which showcases procedural reruns from such franchises as Law & Order and NCIS, will continue to broadcast.
And here’s the Twist: over-the-air viewers in the 41 markets with Tegna-owned TV stations, 11 markets with Univision-owned stations, and 31 markets with HC2-owned stations will see a new free female-targeted lifestyle/reality channel this spring.
Called Twist, the channel will feature shows like Clean House, Top Chef Masters, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Dance Moms, Tabatha Takes Over, Tiny House Nation and Flipping Out.
Tegna notes that much of Twist’s content features “exciting reveals – or twists – at the end of each show.”
Twist will also “encourage viewers to submit their own videos of twists they’ve been thrown in life and how they persevered through them in a positive segment called Share Your Twist.”
(Top image: Qubo waves bye-bye. Source: IonMedia.com)
- Ex-Cons, Serious and Funny - April 9, 2021
- Them x 2 = Scary 1950s L.A. - April 8, 2021
- ‘Future People’ Are Here - April 8, 2021
- Stream ‘Midnight Cowboy’ - April 7, 2021
- Sex, Comics, Socialists - April 6, 2021
- ‘Wonderland’ on MHz Choice - April 6, 2021
- Free Doc Fest Kicks Off - April 2, 2021
- Fuse Sweat: ‘80s Workouts - April 1, 2021
- Queen of Sheba & Atom Man - March 31, 2021
- Take HBO’s ‘Last Cruise’ - March 30, 2021