A Bollywood mystery, The Girl on the Train, and a Spanish romantic comedy, Crazy About Her, arrive today, February 26 on Netflix.
The Girl on the Train might ring a bell – or blow a whistle – because of the 2016 Hollywood version starring Emily Blunt. Both films are adaptations of Paul Hawkins’ novel of the same name.
The tale involves a divorcee, Meera (Parineeti Chopra), who spends her daily London commute fantasizing about the seemingly perfect lives of a couple living in a house along her route. Then one day she witnesses something shockingly out of the ordinary that prompts her to investigate.
The film is in Hindi and some English, with English subtitles.
You can watch the 2016 release, which also stars Rebecca Ferguson, Haley Bennett, Justin Theroux, Luke Evans and Allison Janney, with a Fubo TV subscription; or rent it for $3.99 from Vudu or other providers.
Crazy About Her
Adri (Álvaro Cervantes) and Carla (Susana Abaitua) spend a magical night together, then promise not to see each other again. But Adri can’t get Carla out his mind. He finds her at a mental health facility and admits himself as a patient, hoping to win her back. Now a resident, his romantic fantasy bumps into reality – and checking out is no sure thing.
Directed by Dani de la Orden, Crazy About Her’s cast also includes Luis Zahera, Clara Segura and Alberto San Jaun.
The film is in Spanish with English subtitles.
(Top image: ‘Crazy About Her.’ Source: Netflix)
- HBO Max’s Victorian X-Women - April 9, 2021
- Netflix’s Crime Spree - April 7, 2021
- PBS’ Complicated ‘Hemingway’ - April 5, 2021
- The President and the Princess - April 2, 2021
- ‘Made for Love’ on HBO Max - March 31, 2021
- Swedish Superspy - March 29, 2021
- Sherlock with a Twist - March 26, 2021
- NYC Seder Gets Political - March 24, 2021
- Israeli Transplants in Paris - March 22, 2021
- HBO Max: Who is QAnon? - March 19, 2021