The world has been pondering the possible impact of robots since Czech playwright Karel Čapek coined the term in his 1920 play, R.U.R. On Friday, February 26, at 1 pm ET, you can stream the world premiere of AI: When a Robot Writes a Play, the first play written by artificial intelligence, at theaitre.com, YouTube, Facebook, or right here:
The 60-minute play, from the Czech Republic’s THEaiTRE, was written by AI, after initial input by a team of computer scientists and drama experts led by a computational linguist.
AI: When a Robot Writes a Play, about a robot’s journey through human society, will be performed in Czech with English subtitles, and followed by a translated discussion with the project authors and a special guest.
If you miss the premiere, no worries. The producers say the event will remain online. It will also be available this weekend on Czech Center New York’s Facebook page.
(Top photo source: Czech Center New York)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021