Punky Brewster is all grown up and back on television.
Soleil Moon Frye reprises her starring role in a 10-episode revival of Punky Brewster on Peacock, tomorrow, February 25.
The original sitcom, which ran for 88 episodes over four seasons (1984-1988), the first two on NBC and the last two in syndication, centered on Punky, a bright young girl raised by a foster dad (Police Academy’s George Gaynes).
Here’s the first five minutes from the show’s 1984 debut:
Fast-forward 35 years and Punky is a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track. She then meets Izzy (Quinn Copeland), a foster child who reminds her of her younger self.
The returning cast includes Cherie Johnson (Cherie).
The new Punky Brewster also stars Freddie Prinze Jr. as Punky’s ex-husband, Travis, along with Noah Cottrell, Oliver De Los Santos and Lauren Lindsey Donzis.
Frye does double-duty as an executive producer.
Peacock offers thousands of hours of programming for free with commercials. There is also an ad-based premium plan for $4.99/month and an almost ad-free option for $9.99/month. Both come with seven-day free trials.
(Top image: The cast of the new ‘Punky Brewster.’ Source: YouTube video)
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021