The Walking Dead’s extended 10th season debuts this Sunday, February 21, on subscription streamer AMC+, one week ahead of its February 28, 9 pm ET/PT arrival on the AMC cable network.
Starting March 4, subsequent episodes (five in all) will hit the streaming service on the Thursdays prior to their initial AMC network Sunday airings.
Due to the pandemic, season 10 has dropped in tranches. It began in October-November 2019 with eight episodes. The show returned with seven more episodes in February-April 2020 and delivered a season finale in October. But instead of designating the later episodes as season 11, they are included in season 10.
Spoiler alert! The extended 10th season opens in the wake of Alpha’s (Samantha Morton) demise and the end of the Whisperers War. The survivors have managed to unite and kill Beta (Ryan Hurst) and eliminate the horde threat. Now they must pick up the pieces while questioning “the state of humanity, the state of their collective community, and the states of their minds.”
The cast includes Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride and Lauren Cohan.
AMC+, which shows ad-free programming from AMC, Shudder, Sundance Now, IFC Films Unlimited and other sources, costs $8.99 a month with a seven-day free trial.
(Top image source: YouTube video)
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021