It’s a Sin, a five-episode drama about the impact of AIDS on a trio of London friends during the 1980s, comes to HBO Max today, February 18. The miniseries premiered a month ago on Channel 4 in the UK, where it has been a critically acclaimed big hit.
Olly Alexander, Omari Douglas and Callum Scott Howells play the young men who, filled with hope and ambition when the series begins in 1981, soon find themselves confronted by a killer virus, which changes their lives dramatically over the course of the next decade.
Lydia West plays a woman who helps galvanize them in their battles against the epidemic and the prejudices they encounter.
Neil Patrick Harris guest stars in the first episode.
It’s a Sin was created and written by Russell T Davies, creator of Queer as Folk and an Emmy nominee for A Very English Scandal.
HBO Max costs $14.99 a month, with a seven-day free trial. For more, visit HBOMax.com.
(Top photo: Neil Patrick Harris in ‘It’s a Sin.’ Also pictured: Callum Scott Howells. Source: IMDb)
- 1 Year Ago; 10 Years Ago - March 8, 2021
- The Real World Homecoming - March 4, 2021
- Another Twist: Doozy, Defy - March 3, 2021
- Read Across America Day - March 2, 2021
- Over-the-Air Deaths, Birth - March 1, 2021
- ‘Pop My Pet’ on Discovery+ - March 1, 2021
- 1st Play Written by a Robot - February 25, 2021
- Tom and Jerry are Back - February 25, 2021
- Billie Eilish Launch Event - February 24, 2021
- BBC Select Launches - February 22, 2021