Discovery+ might sting a bit in coming days, with new shows on tap about murder hornets and Covid-19 vaccinations.
The good stingers are up first, with The Vaccine: Conquering Covid premiering tomorrow, February 18, at 10 pm. This show looks at how vaccines were created in record time, featuring interviews with scientists from Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and Pfizer, as well as leading public health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
As scientists raced to develop Covid vaccines, other scientists teamed up with beekeepers to find the homes of “murder hornets” that had entered the U.S. Attack of the Murder Hornets, debuting this Saturday, February 20, documents an October, 2020 hunt that led to the discovery of the first Asian Giant Hornet nest in the Pacific Northwest — crawling with hundreds of offspring of the “murder hornet,” which can kill a human with its sting and behead entire honeybee colonies.
Discovery+, which competes with such players as CuriosityStream, costs $4.99/month with commercials, or $6.99/month for an ad-free experience. Verizon customers with qualifying plans can get 12 months free.
For more information, visit discoveryplus.com.
(Top image source: Facebook video)
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021