Writing a TV script, screenplay or novel? Apparently, it helps to have Friends.
Marta F. Kaufmann, co-creator of Friends, will lead a live week-long writing workshop February 15-19 titled Friends—The Art and Soul of Collaboration.
Participants will work on scenes, which on the final day will be performed by professional actors like Jane Sibbett, who played Ross Geller’s ex-wife Carol on Friends; Jessica Hecht, who played Carol’s wife, Susan; Maggie Wheeler, who played Chandler Bing’s girlfriend, the nasal-voiced Janice; and Tate Donovan, who played Rachel Green’s boyfriend, Joshua.
Classes will meet from 2-4 pm ET or 9-11 pm ET each day. The different time periods will feature different guest collaborators and actors; you can check out the complete schedules on the class page here. As you might imagine, such a workshop doesn’t come cheap, and either 10-hour experience will set you back $395 – or $39.50 per hour. To register, visit storysummit.us/friends-week.
(You can stream Friends itself — all 10 seasons and 236 episodes from its 1994-2004 NBC run — with an HBO Max subscription, which costs $14.99 a month after a seven-day free trial.)
(All photos courtesy Story Summit Writer’s School)
- 1 Year Ago; 10 Years Ago - March 8, 2021
- The Real World Homecoming - March 4, 2021
- Another Twist: Doozy, Defy - March 3, 2021
- Read Across America Day - March 2, 2021
- Over-the-Air Deaths, Birth - March 1, 2021
- ‘Pop My Pet’ on Discovery+ - March 1, 2021
- 1st Play Written by a Robot - February 25, 2021
- Tom and Jerry are Back - February 25, 2021
- Billie Eilish Launch Event - February 24, 2021
- BBC Select Launches - February 22, 2021