All 250 episodes from the show’s 11 seasons are available on both services, although Peacock’s free plan offers only 12 episodes at any given time. Toward the end of its run, the ABC series had been available for next-day viewing exclusively on Hulu.
The pilot episode introduces audiences to Jay Pritchett (Ed O’Neill), his much younger newlywed wife Gloria (Sofia Vergara), and her pre-teen son Joe (Jeremy Maguire). We also meet Jay’s grown daughter by a previous marriage, Claire (Julie Bowen), who has three kids and a husband, Phil (Ty Burrell). Their teenage daughter Haley (Sarah Hyland), brings a boy home and Phil tries to play the cool dad. Meanwhile, son Luke (Nolan Guild) misuses his BB gun, causing Phil and Claire to turn the tables on him. Finally, Jay’s adult son Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Mitchell’s life partner Cameron (Eric Stonestreet) adopt a baby girl from Vietnam.
Hulu offers three subscription plans: $5.99 a month with ads; $11.99/month for a mostly commercial-free experience; and $54.99 monthly for Hulu + Live TV, which includes 60 channels and unlimited access to Hulu’s ad-supported content. The first two options offer a one-month free trial. Hulu + Live TV offers one week of free streaming.
Peacock offers thousands of hours of programming for free with commercials. There is also an ad-based premium plan for $4.99/month and an almost ad-free option for $9.99/month. Both come with seven-day free trials.
(Top image source: Hulu)
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021
- Full ‘Treatment’ on HBO Max - June 14, 2021
- Washington Heights Musical - June 11, 2021
- ‘Infinite’ Wahlberg on Paramount+ - June 9, 2021
- Romero’s Lost ‘Amusement Park’ - June 7, 2021
- HBO Max’s New ‘Conjuring’ Tale - June 4, 2021
- Peacock’s ‘Lady Parts’ Comedy - June 2, 2021
- WNBA Tips Off on Amazon - May 28, 2021
- Reanimated ‘Rugrats’ - May 26, 2021