We know there are many Hayley Mills fans out there based on the reaction to our “Hayley Mills, Now & Then” article a couple of years back. So we feel obligated to report that Acorn TV today unearths a 1981 Mills starrer, Flame Trees of Thika.
Based on a 1959 memoir by Elspeth Huxley, the drama is about an early 20th Century British family that relocates to British East Africa (now Kenya) to set up a coffee plantation. The seven-episode show was shot on location.
Flame Trees of Thika ran originally on ITV in the U.K. and was then seen on PBS stations in the U.S. The series also stars David Robb as Mills’ husband and Holly Aird as the couple’s young daughter, Elspeth.
Acorn TV costs $5.99 monthly, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
(Top photo source: YouTube video)
- 1st Play Written by a Robot - February 25, 2021
- Tom and Jerry are Back - February 25, 2021
- Billie Eilish Launch Event - February 24, 2021
- BBC Select Launches - February 22, 2021
- ‘It’s a Sin’ on HBO Max - February 18, 2021
- Murder Hornets & Vaccines - February 17, 2021
- Prime’s New Musical Coda - February 16, 2021
- A Mini-‘Friends’ Reunion? - February 12, 2021
- ‘Safer Sex’ on Condom Day - February 12, 2021
- Relax through Streaming - February 11, 2021