We know there are many Hayley Mills fans out there based on the reaction to our “Hayley Mills, Now & Then” article a couple of years back. So we feel obligated to report that Acorn TV today unearths a 1981 Mills starrer, Flame Trees of Thika.
Based on a 1959 memoir by Elspeth Huxley, the drama is about an early 20th Century British family that relocates to British East Africa (now Kenya) to set up a coffee plantation. The seven-episode show was shot on location.
Flame Trees of Thika ran originally on ITV in the U.K. and was then seen on PBS stations in the U.S. The series also stars David Robb as Mills’ husband and Holly Aird as the couple’s young daughter, Elspeth.
Acorn TV costs $5.99 monthly, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
(Top photo source: YouTube video)
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021