We know there are many Hayley Mills fans out there based on the reaction to our “Hayley Mills, Now & Then” article a couple of years back. So we feel obligated to report that Acorn TV today unearths a 1981 Mills starrer, Flame Trees of Thika.
Based on a 1959 memoir by Elspeth Huxley, the drama is about an early 20th Century British family that relocates to British East Africa (now Kenya) to set up a coffee plantation. The seven-episode show was shot on location.
Flame Trees of Thika ran originally on ITV in the U.K. and was then seen on PBS stations in the U.S. The series also stars David Robb as Mills’ husband and Holly Aird as the couple’s young daughter, Elspeth.
Acorn TV costs $5.99 monthly, with a seven-day free trial. For more info, visit acorn.tv.
(Top photo source: YouTube video)
- Norwegian Drama Duo - July 19, 2021
- Chelsea Stardust Playlist - July 15, 2021
- ‘Schmigadoon!’/’Brigadoon’ - July 14, 2021
- Goode, Rhys, West, Purefoy - July 13, 2021
- Watch ‘Trick of the Witch’ - July 9, 2021
- Aristophanes’ ‘The Frogs’ - July 8, 2021
- JustWatch June Leaders - July 6, 2021
- ‘The Beast Must Die’ - July 2, 2021
- Netflix’s Beautiful Lover - July 1, 2021
- Somos.: Fact-Based Massacre - June 30, 2021