Today, January 22, Hulu debuts a hard-to-describe one-man performance film about illusion and identity (Derek DelGaudio’s In & Of Itself), and a four-episode drama about buried secrets (The Sister).
Frank Oz directed, and DelGaudio wrote and created the show. Stephen Colbert and his wife Evelyn are executive producers.
“An intimate and powerful exploration of what it means to be and be seen,” says DelGaudio “forces us to confront the boundaries of our own identities.”
On the other hand, the protagonist of The Sister, which originally aired last fall on Britain’s ITV, would rather keep everyone in the dark.
One evening, happily married family man Nathan (Russell Tovey) is visited by an old acquaintance, Bob (Bertie Carvel). Both Nathan and Bob share a secret involving a party that resulted in the death of a young woman. Bob’s reappearance so many years later threatens to destroy Nathan’s world.
The cast also includes Amrita Acharia, Nina Toussaint-White, Amanda Root, Paul Bazely and Simone Ashley.
Neil Cross wrote the series, based on his novel Burial.
Hulu offers three subscription plans: $5.99 a month with ads; $11.99/month for a mostly commercial-free experience; and $64.99 monthly for Hulu + Live TV, which includes 60 channels and unlimited access to Hulu’s ad-supported content. The first two options offer a one-month free trial. Hulu + Live TV offers one week of free streaming.
Hulu also offers a bundle with Disney+ and ESPN+ for $12.99 a month, but no free trial.
For more, visit Hulu.
(Top image: Derek DelGaudio. Source: Hulu)
- ‘Crazy,’ ‘Train’ on Netflix - February 26, 2021
- Grown-Up ‘Punky’ on Peacock - February 24, 2021
- Swedish Hockey Drama - February 22, 2021
- Extended ‘Dead’ on AMC+ - February 19, 2021
- Fight for the 14th - February 17, 2021
- Meet George O’Hanlon - February 15, 2021
- Marvel Doc on Disney+ - February 12, 2021
- Landmark with Dark History - February 10, 2021
- Looking for Love? Bigfoot? - February 8, 2021
- Snoopy is Back - February 5, 2021