A “flack,” per Amazon Prime, is a public relations (PR) person “who promotes, publicizes and protects her clients.”
What kind of fires?
Well, in episode one, the client is a celebrity chef and she must stop stories about his philandering from going public
In episode two, the client is a pop star, and she must distract the press from learning that the singer’s been dropped from her record label.
The next two episodes start with a stand-up comic and a trans-phobic video, followed by a cosmetics entrepreneur photographed getting a facelift.
If this British dramedy sounds familiar, it may be because Showtime offered the first season on demand a year ago.
A second six-episode season has already run on Britain’s UKTV, with Amazon Prime promising that it will debut in the U.S. later this year.
Flack also stars Sophie Okonedo as Paquin’s boss, and Lydia Wilson and Rebecca Benson as fellow flacks. Emmy winner Bradley Whitford (The Handmaid’s Tale, Transparent, The West Wing) guest stars in episode five.
(Top image source: YouTube video)
- 1st Play Written by a Robot - February 25, 2021
- Tom and Jerry are Back - February 25, 2021
- Billie Eilish Launch Event - February 24, 2021
- BBC Select Launches - February 22, 2021
- ‘It’s a Sin’ on HBO Max - February 18, 2021
- Murder Hornets & Vaccines - February 17, 2021
- Prime’s New Musical Coda - February 16, 2021
- A Mini-‘Friends’ Reunion? - February 12, 2021
- ‘Safer Sex’ on Condom Day - February 12, 2021
- Relax through Streaming - February 11, 2021