Ever wanted to sample film and television from Lebanon? Now’s your chance, with this week’s virtual premiere of last year’s Lebanese Oscar entry, 1982, and February’s debut of Awake, a 10-part series on subscription streamer MHz Choice.
As Israel invades Lebanon, an 11-year-old boy at an English-language Quaker school outside Beirut tries to muster the courage to confess his love for a classmate, while two teachers – on different sides of the political divide – cope with their fears.
You can now stream 1982 from iTunes for $4.99.
A young Beirut woman wakes up from a 12-year coma. She slowly comes to grips with what happened to her (car accident), and how social media has taken over the world. Then, “family secrets and lies begin to reveal themselves.”
Awake’s first two episodes will debut Tuesday, February 2, with two more episodes dropping each Tuesday through March 2.
Awake marks the first Arabic-language series for MHz Choice, which showcases subtitled dramas from around the world. MHz costs $7.99 monthly or $89.99 yearly after a seven-day free trial. But you can now get 50% off your first month by using the promo code HOLIDAY2020. For a device list, to learn what other series are available, or to subscribe, visit mhzchoice.com.
(Top image: ‘Awake,’ courtesy MHz Choice)
- ‘Petrunya,’ Unlikely Rebel - June 21, 2021
- Free ‘Weasel’ & ‘Monkey’ - June 18, 2021
- Stream ‘Cracka’ Free - June 18, 2021
- Revry Escorts ‘Strut’ 6/18 - June 17, 2021
- Lubin’s Silent Film Empire - June 17, 2021
- ‘Oral’ Pilot Reading 6/17 - June 16, 2021
- Welcome Back, ‘iCarly’ - June 15, 2021
- ‘Rent’ Comes to Cuba - June 15, 2021
- Fredi Washington: ‘Ouanga’ - June 14, 2021
- Peacock Struts on JustWatch - June 11, 2021