Film Maudit 2.0, a 12-day online festival, will offer more than 125 “outré, unusual and startling” free films from Tuesday, January 12, through Sunday, January 24.
Other feature films will include Woman of the Photographs (comedy/horror/romance, Japan), The Columnist (comedy/horror, The Netherlands), A Dark, Dark Man (thriller, Kazakhstan/France) and Reza Abdoh – Theater Visionary (documentary, USA).
Film Maudit 2.0 will also feature a fundraising screening of the ecosexual road trip documentary Water Makes Us Wet, including a livestream Q&A with its director/stars — erotic performance art pioneers Annie Sprinkle and Beth Stephens. It will take place Saturday January 23, at 9 p.m ET, and you can stream it for a donation of $10, $25 or $50 to Highways, the Los Angeles performance space and gallery that runs the festival, now in its second year. (You can also stream Water Makes Us Wet without the Q&A for free starting Tuesday.)
All films premiere on January 12 at 4 am ET and will be available to watch for a 48-hour period through January 24.
Film Maudit 2.0 is inspired by French filmmaker Jean Cocteau’s Festival du Film Maudit (“Festival of Cursed Films”), held in 1949.
To see a complete festival film list and RSVP for individual titles, visit watch.filmmaudit.org.
- ‘Mother of the Blues’ - April 12, 2021
- Ex-Cons, Serious and Funny - April 9, 2021
- Them x 2 = Scary 1950s L.A. - April 8, 2021
- ‘Future People’ Are Here - April 8, 2021
- Stream ‘Midnight Cowboy’ - April 7, 2021
- Sex, Comics, Socialists - April 6, 2021
- ‘Wonderland’ on MHz Choice - April 6, 2021
- Free Doc Fest Kicks Off - April 2, 2021
- Fuse Sweat: ‘80s Workouts - April 1, 2021
- Queen of Sheba & Atom Man - March 31, 2021