Film Maudit 2.0, a 12-day online festival, will offer more than 125 “outré, unusual and startling” free films from Tuesday, January 12, through Sunday, January 24.
Other feature films will include Woman of the Photographs (comedy/horror/romance, Japan), The Columnist (comedy/horror, The Netherlands), A Dark, Dark Man (thriller, Kazakhstan/France) and Reza Abdoh – Theater Visionary (documentary, USA).
Film Maudit 2.0 will also feature a fundraising screening of the ecosexual road trip documentary Water Makes Us Wet, including a livestream Q&A with its director/stars — erotic performance art pioneers Annie Sprinkle and Beth Stephens. It will take place Saturday January 23, at 9 p.m ET, and you can stream it for a donation of $10, $25 or $50 to Highways, the Los Angeles performance space and gallery that runs the festival, now in its second year. (You can also stream Water Makes Us Wet without the Q&A for free starting Tuesday.)
All films premiere on January 12 at 4 am ET and will be available to watch for a 48-hour period through January 24.
Film Maudit 2.0 is inspired by French filmmaker Jean Cocteau’s Festival du Film Maudit (“Festival of Cursed Films”), held in 1949.
To see a complete festival film list and RSVP for individual titles, visit watch.filmmaudit.org.
- ’76 Days’ 366 Days Later - January 22, 2021
- Finding ‘Losing Alice’ - January 22, 2021
- Anna Paquin’s a ‘Flack’ - January 21, 2021
- ‘Celebrating America’ - January 20, 2021
- Dramas of Lebanon - January 20, 2021
- Inaugural Speech Binge - January 19, 2021
- You’ve Got Uvagut TV! - January 19, 2021
- ‘Black Vote Rising’ - January 18, 2021
- Bruce Lee Tribute Weekend - January 14, 2021
- The Grio Douses Light TV - January 13, 2021