A Discovery of Witches, the fantasy-romance drama starring Matthew Goode (Downton Abbey) and Teresa Palmer (Hacksaw Ridge), will bow its second season over three subscription services — Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+ — this Saturday, January 9.
Meanwhile, anyone can binge season one (eight episodes) for free via those same services — and from Amazon — through Monday, January 18.
The new season consists of 10 weekly episodes, premiering Saturdays on Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+, a day after they premiere on the UK’s Sky One channel.
Palmer plays an Oxford University-based historian who is also a witch trying to deny her wiccan heritage. In season one, she stumbles upon a long-lost bewitched manuscript and enters a dangerous underworld. Along the way she encounters a vampire geneticist (Goode), who hides a dark family secret.
Season two finds the 21st Century couple hiding in time — in Elizabethan London – where her magic takes a dark and frightening turn, and he struggles to re-inhabit the dangerous life he once led.
The cast of A Discovery of Witches also includes Alex Kingston, Valarie Pettiford and Owen Teale.
The show is based on American Deborah Harkness’ 2011 debut novel of the same name.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial.
Shudder costs $5.99 monthly or $56.99 annually following a seven-day free trial.
(The above is an updated version of a previously published article)
(Top photo: Teresa Palmer and Matthew Goode in ‘A Discovery of Witches,’ season two, courtesy AMC Networks.)
- ‘College Bowl,’ Now & Then - June 22, 2021
- Celebrate Dino’s Birthday - June 7, 2021
- Police Satires on Decades - June 3, 2021
- Saluting Josephine Baker - May 28, 2021
- See a Rod Serling Rarity - May 27, 2021
- Halston Biopic on Netflix - May 13, 2021
- French Film Noir Streams - May 3, 2021
- ‘The Best of Bugs Bunny’ - April 30, 2021
- Sleeping with Netflix - April 28, 2021
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Returns - April 27, 2021