A Discovery of Witches, the fantasy-romance drama starring Matthew Goode (Downton Abbey) and Teresa Palmer (Hacksaw Ridge), will bow its second season over three subscription services — Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+ — this Saturday, January 9.
Meanwhile, anyone can binge season one (eight episodes) for free via those same services — and from Amazon — through Monday, January 18.
The new season consists of 10 weekly episodes, premiering Saturdays on Sundance Now, Shudder and AMC+, a day after they premiere on the UK’s Sky One channel.
Palmer plays an Oxford University-based historian who is also a witch trying to deny her wiccan heritage. In season one, she stumbles upon a long-lost bewitched manuscript and enters a dangerous underworld. Along the way she encounters a vampire geneticist (Goode), who hides a dark family secret.
Season two finds the 21st Century couple hiding in time — in Elizabethan London – where her magic takes a dark and frightening turn, and he struggles to re-inhabit the dangerous life he once led.
The cast of A Discovery of Witches also includes Alex Kingston, Valarie Pettiford and Owen Teale.
The show is based on American Deborah Harkness’ 2011 debut novel of the same name.
Sundance Now costs $6.99 monthly or $59.99 annually after a seven-day free trial.
Shudder costs $5.99 monthly or $56.99 annually following a seven-day free trial.
(The above is an updated version of a previously published article)
(Top photo: Teresa Palmer and Matthew Goode in ‘A Discovery of Witches,’ season two, courtesy AMC Networks.)
- ‘Evil Dead’ Watch Party - January 21, 2021
- Buffett Kartoon Weekend - January 15, 2021
- ‘One Night in Miami’ - January 14, 2021
- Wilde Womxn Streaming - January 12, 2021
- Odd Couple: Together Again - January 7, 2021
- ‘Witches’ 2, Streamers 3 - January 7, 2021
- Times Square Stream - December 31, 2020
- Twilight Zone Marathon - December 30, 2020
- Celebrate ‘Little House’ - December 28, 2020
- Year-End Comedy Farewells - December 23, 2020