In the past, if you actually went to Times Square on New Year’s Eve, you’d have to endure hour after hour of massive crowds and cold weather, and probably wouldn’t hear any of the musical performances or other on-stage activities. But this year, when no crowds will be there, you can happily watch the festivities at home.
And you can even tune in to a commercial-free live stream of the entire event. The feed starts at 6 pm ET December 31 with the lighting and raising of the New Year’s Eve Ball and ends 15 minutes after the ball drops at midnight.
We Will Survive!
Highlights of the six-plus hours will include a performance by music icon Gloria Gaynor, a 2020 Grammy winner for best roots gospel album. She’ll sing goodbye to 2020 with her ironically titled early hit “Never Can Say Goodbye” and, perhaps more appropriately, her disco classic “I Will Survive.”
Singer-songwriter Andra Day will sing John Lennon’s “Imagine” just before midnight, with other performers including Brazilian singer-songwriter Anitta, singer-songwriter Pitbull, the USO Show Troupe and dancers The Waffle Crew.
For a complete schedule, visit the Times Square site.
How can you stream? Let us count the ways!
Right here on The Savvy Screener!
Happy New Year, everyone!
(The preceding is an updated version of a previously published article.)
- ‘Evil Dead’ Watch Party - January 21, 2021
- Buffett Kartoon Weekend - January 15, 2021
- ‘One Night in Miami’ - January 14, 2021
- Wilde Womxn Streaming - January 12, 2021
- Odd Couple: Together Again - January 7, 2021
- ‘Witches’ 2, Streamers 3 - January 7, 2021
- Times Square Stream - December 31, 2020
- Twilight Zone Marathon - December 30, 2020
- Celebrate ‘Little House’ - December 28, 2020
- Year-End Comedy Farewells - December 23, 2020