Through Wednesday, The Savvy Screener is showcasing the stories that were most popular with our readers in 2020. Today: a reprise of a May article about streaming Sweet Magnolias…and Steel Magnolias.
Sweet Magnolias, a 10-episode romance drama based on a Harlequin book series by Sherryl Woods, has debuted on Netflix.
JoAnna Garcia Swisher, Brooke Elliott and Heather Headley star as three lifelong friends juggling relationships, family and careers in a small Southern town.
Incidentally, if the show’s title made you think of 1989’s Steel Magnolias, a comedy-drama about a group of women in a small Southern town, you can see that movie with a Fubo TV or Amazon Prime subscription, or rent it for $3.99 from various providers. Julia Roberts won a Golden Globe for her performance.
And you can see a 1990 failed CBS TV pilot right here. The cast includes Laverne & Shirley’s Cindy Williams:
For more on the new Sweet Magnolias, visit Netflix.com/SweetMagnolias.
(Top photo: ‘Sweet Magnolias.’ Source: Netflix)
(The preceding is an updated version of a previously published article.)
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021