Sylvie’s Love, a romantic, music-filled period drama, debuts on Amazon Prime tomorrow, December 23.
Sylvie’s story begins in Harlem, summer 1957, where both the air and the jazz are sultry. Sylvie (Tessa Thompson), hoping for a career in television, meets Robert (Nnamdi Asomugha), an aspiring saxophonist), in her father’s record store. They part at the end of summer, but meet up again several years later in the ’60s – when Sylvie is now a TV producer and Robert is coping with jazz’s declining popularity.
Sylvie’s Love, which first screened at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, already has a 97% TomatoMeter rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It calls the film “a romance for the ages [that] wraps audiences in the sweet embrace of its old-fashioned romance and celebration of Black love.”
(Top photo source: Amazon)
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021