The Stand, an adaptation of Stephen King’s epic novel about survivors of a deadly global pandemic, debuts today on CBS All Access and will run for the next nine Thursdays. An earlier adaptation, which ran for four consecutive days on ABC in 1994, can be streamed free from YouTube.
Stephen King, who penned a new ending for the 2020 “limited series,” wrote the entire script for the 1994 “miniseries,” which received an Emmy nomination in that category.
The new version’s very large cast includes Whoopi Goldberg, James Marsden, Alexander Skarsgård, Amber Heard, Odessa Young, Henry Zaga and Eion Bailey in roles respectively played in 1994 by Ruby Dee, Gary Sinese, Jamey Sheridan, Laura San Giacomo, Molly Ringwald, Rob Lowe and Stephen King himself.
Here’s a trailer for 2020’s The Stand:
And here, via YouTube’s Jay vs. Horror channel, are all six hours of 1994’s The Stand in one video:
(Top photo: Whoopi Goldberg as Mother Abigail of the CBS All Access series ‘The Stand’. Photo Cr: Robert Falconer/CBS ©2020 CBS Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
- The Real World Homecoming - March 4, 2021
- Another Twist: Doozy, Defy - March 3, 2021
- Read Across America Day - March 2, 2021
- Over-the-Air Deaths, Birth - March 1, 2021
- ‘Pop My Pet’ on Discovery+ - March 1, 2021
- 1st Play Written by a Robot - February 25, 2021
- Tom and Jerry are Back - February 25, 2021
- Billie Eilish Launch Event - February 24, 2021
- BBC Select Launches - February 22, 2021
- ‘It’s a Sin’ on HBO Max - February 18, 2021