Actor Ed Asner will lead a large cast of celebrities in a table read of the 1946 film classic It’s A Wonderful Life this Sunday, December 13, at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT. The paid streaming event will benefit the Ed Asner Family Center, which promotes mental health and enrichment programs to special needs children and their families.
Hosted by Tom Bergeron, the cast will also include Bill Pullman, Ellie Kemper Richard Kind, B.D. Wong, Michael Shannon, Mia Farrow, Carol Kane, Ed Begley Jr, Pete Davidson, Diedrich Bader and Maude Apatow.
They will be joined by Karolyn Grimes (below), who played six-year-old Zuzu Bailey in the movie.
“The center is about community, so it seems only fitting to come together and read It’s a Wonderful Life – a film about community and support. Now more than ever, we need to be reminded that we can get through anything with friends,” said Matthew Asner, Co-Founder of the Ed Asner Family Center.
Tickets start at $50. For more information, visit the Ed Asner Family Center.
You can stream the movie – starring James Stewart, Donna Reed, Thomas Mitchell and Lionel Barrymore – free with ads at NBC.com; stream it uninterrupted with an Amazon Prime subscription; watch it over-the-air on NBC, December 24, at 8pm ET; or rent it for $2.99 from Google Play, Vudu and other providers.
You can also catch Saturday Night Live’s “lost ending” of the holiday favorite right here:
(Top image source: Weissman/Markovitz Communications, EINPresswire)
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021