Actor Ed Asner will lead a large cast of celebrities in a table read of the 1946 film classic It’s A Wonderful Life this Sunday, December 13, at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT. The paid streaming event will benefit the Ed Asner Family Center, which promotes mental health and enrichment programs to special needs children and their families.
Hosted by Tom Bergeron, the cast will also include Bill Pullman, Ellie Kemper Richard Kind, B.D. Wong, Michael Shannon, Mia Farrow, Carol Kane, Ed Begley Jr, Pete Davidson, Diedrich Bader and Maude Apatow.
They will be joined by Karolyn Grimes (below), who played six-year-old Zuzu Bailey in the movie.
“The center is about community, so it seems only fitting to come together and read It’s a Wonderful Life – a film about community and support. Now more than ever, we need to be reminded that we can get through anything with friends,” said Matthew Asner, Co-Founder of the Ed Asner Family Center.
Tickets start at $50. For more information, visit the Ed Asner Family Center.
You can stream the movie – starring James Stewart, Donna Reed, Thomas Mitchell and Lionel Barrymore – free with ads at NBC.com; stream it uninterrupted with an Amazon Prime subscription; watch it over-the-air on NBC, December 24, at 8pm ET; or rent it for $2.99 from Google Play, Vudu and other providers.
You can also catch Saturday Night Live’s “lost ending” of the holiday favorite right here:
(Top image source: Weissman/Markovitz Communications, EINPresswire)
- ‘Dead’ Profiles and More - July 14, 2021
- Kratts, Dogs, Wild Museums - July 12, 2021
- Troubled in Paradise - July 9, 2021
- More U.S. Viewers Cut the Cord - July 7, 2021
- Binge July 4th TV - July 2, 2021
- Binge ‘Hamilton’ and More - July 1, 2021
- ‘Twilight Zone’ Holiday - June 30, 2021
- ‘Innocent’ Anthology Returns - June 23, 2021
- South Asian Streamer Launches - June 21, 2021
- Apple TV+ Gets ‘Physical’ - June 16, 2021